Saturday, December 24, 2011

5 Thrift Shopping tips

Thrift stores are an amazing resource for getting great, high-quality, unique and inexpensive clothes/shoes. Often, the offerings are perfectly good things that somebody else has outgrown or simply grown tired of. Here in Zamboanga City, I currently knew three thrift stores that offers a nice quality clothing/shoes that you might wanna visit. (Magay at Pueblo, Sta Cruz Market, and Ukay-ukay store beside the Mercury Drug in General Hospital) thrift shopping is a practical, reasonable and easy way to save some molaahhh $$$(^_____^). So one of my co blogger Angela requested me to post some tips on how to get great deals while thrift shopping after I posted a blog about my latest buys in MAGAY. So here's my simple tips for you guys. 



FIND A THRIFT STORE/S IN YOUR AREA
Big cities tend to have more of them but you can find thrift stores in just about any town.

WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHING
As I have observed, here in Zamboanga, when you go on thrift stores I think you must gonna be simple I mean, skinny jeans, tee and a sneak will do. Because if the sellers will see you like you're really dressed up, you cannot give a good bid because they might gonna think you got lotsa molaaah in your pocket hihi ^__^


WATCH FOR BARGAINS
Almost of the thrift stores here in Zamboanga got these bangketas or racks where they usually unload the items that have not sold in some time. A lot of them got these tags that states P35 each or 3 for P100. But you can still ask for a good bid if you'll get 2 or three.


PICK ANYTHING THAT CATCHES YOUR EYES
If you don't like the idea of putting someone else's clothes on before washing them (just like me), then buy whatever you think will look nice, wash it at home and tadaaah! wear it with attitude.

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT IT BEFORE BUYING
Did somebody get rid of it in an obvious reason, is it stained, does it have any holes or tears that can be easily fixed? These are just the things that you must check first before purchasing.




Photos courtesy of google.com



These are my 5 thrift shopping tips for you guys I hope this'll help you in your thrift shopping soon. XX








No comments:

Post a Comment